Customer Complaints Procedure
At Northampton Leisure Trust (NLT) we care about all of our customers and are committed to delivering an excellent quality of service to all who visit our facilities. We would like to know when you think we have got something right, and also when you think we have got things wrong.
We accept that mistakes may be made and that on occasions we may fall below our service standards. In order to ensure that our services are being provided effectively we have an informal and formal complaints procedure.
This procedure covers all the services operated by NLT:
Peterborough, Trilogy Gym
What is a complaint?
A complaint is necessary when:
• The Trust fails to do something that we said we would do
• The Trust has done something badly or wrong
• You feel you have been treated unfairly or impolitely
• The Trust fails to respond properly to a service request or complaint
How to complain?
Our aim is to resolve any problems on the spot so please ask to speak to the ‘manager on duty’ to discuss any issues you may have. Alternatively you could feedback on any aspect of our service via our ‘Contact Us’ section on our website at any time. If you wish to contact customer services directly you can via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to telephone with your feedback you can call our contact centre on 01604 838333 and one of our advisors will listen to your comments and forward them onto the
You can expect a response from any method you choose, where appropriate within 5 days.
If you are unhappy with our response you can escalate your complaint to a formal Level 1 or you may wish to put your complaint in writing initially if you feel the Trust has severely failed in any aspect of its service.
Formal Written Complaints – Level 1
All formal written complaints should be emailed to: email@example.com
Or sent to the:
Business Support Officer
C/O Lings Forum Leisure Centre
Weston Favell Centre
Billing Brook Road
Upon receipt complaints will be logged and passed to the relevant Manager who will ensure that the complaint is fully investigated.
The complaint will be acknowledged within 5 days and a written response detailing the outcome will be sent by the relevant Manager within 10 days. If this time frame cannot be achieved, you will be given a predicted response date.
Formal Complaint – Level 2
If you are still dissatisfied with the response issued by a member of the Management Team, you have the right to request a response from the Managing Director of the Trust. Requests should be sent to customer services firstname.lastname@example.org
An acknowledgement will be sent within 5 days and the Managing Director will respond within 20 days following investigation.
What Customers can expect?
• All comments and complaints will be handled with dignity and respect, treating all customers fairly and equally.
• In response to feedback, clear response of resolves or reasons why action has not be taken will be communicated.
• Admit when service is wrong and correct at earliest opportunity.
• Respond to all customers within set time frames.
• Learn from feedback and improve service as a result.
• Ensure if this procedure does not cover your complaint, you will be advised of next course of action.
Records will be maintained of all customer feedback together with any responses and outcomes. The Trust will comply with the principles of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
Keeping you Informed
Feedback will be analysed quarterly to identify trends and where appropriate ensure that remedial action is implemented.